Of course, you know the giant social media company Facebook with its subsidiaries Instagram, WhatsApp, Oculus and the most recent Calibra.
But did you know that in the United States, people spend as much as 20% of their mobile time on Facebook or Instagram to play, chat with their friends or simply browsing? And that Facebook is the top social media site in the world with more than two billion users worldwide on average per month?
This makes it a worthwhile platform for advertisers to engage with their brand’s target audience, and to boost leads and sales. In 2018, Facebook’s worldwide revenue from advertising was more than 55 billion USD.
In this week’s Tenba Group article, see how Facebook Advertising can boost your business. Unlock the power of social media marketing! Find the best Facebook Ad types to achieve your individual goals!
Facebook Ads – 13 Options for You
A Facebook campaign can contain several Facebook Ads and it has a unique objective. Facebook Ads can only be set up on Facebook Business Pages, not on a personal page.
Setting up a Facebook Business Page is free and easy. Simply create a Business Manager account to run paid ads for your page. How your Facebook Ad appears creatively (text, video, dynamic product ads, carousel, etc.) is called the Facebook Ad Format.
Here is your Facebook Ads guide with 13 advertisement options to increase your brand awareness and generate sales, depending on your individual goals and budget.
- App Engagement
- App Engagement ads help you to reach people who already use your mobile app and encourages them to take action. Set a call-to-action for specific features like shopping, playing or booking travel.
- App Installs
- This Facebook Ad Type helps you to get new users. Reach those who are most likely to install your app. Link them to the App Store, Google Play and Kindle Fire store, so that users can download your mobile app instantly.
- Brand Awareness
- If you want to expose as many people as possible to your brand and products, Brand Awareness Ads are the right tool for you. They can be used for any campaign, but are most effective with special content. For example, you can draw people’s attention with creative, funny or colorful images and videos.
- Store Visit Ads
- While e-commerce is booming worldwide, the Facebook Store Visit Ad helps you to encourage people to visit your physical shop locations. Carousel and video ads pair well with the shop locator. Canvas and collection ads let your customers browse your product catalog and get offers.
- Reach Ads
- Reach Ads are the best choice to connect with your audience on Facebook and Instagram when they are close to your business location. Find customers based on language, demographics, and budget.
- Website Conversions
- This Facebook Ads type aims at encouraging users to click on ads and convert on your website immediately to grow sales, prompt an action, increase traffic. Website Conversion Ads work well with the Facebook pixel on your website.
- Clicks to Website
- For traffic-oriented campaigns, the Click to Website Ad type is a great choice. Send users to specific blog posts, site pages, or product offers in a variety of creative formats like an image carousel or canvas mobile ad.
- Event Ads
- If you have an event coming up, the Event Ad type is great to create a buzz and get more responses. Simply add the event ad to your Facebook Business Page. This is an excellent choice if your campaign objective is engagement.
- Offer Ads
- Post this type of Facebook Ads to grab the attention of your audience with special deals and discounts. Customize your holiday deal or other offers with a specific call-to-action.
- Lead Generation Ads
- In a traditional lead generation conversion path, users are directed to a landing page where they fill out a form. The downside to this conversion path is that users are required to leave Facebook once they have clicked on the ad. This makes Facebook Lead Ads useful for inbound marketers as it lets users fill out lead generation forms directly within the Facebook app.
- Page Likes
- Increase the number of likes of your Facebook Page with this tool. Keep in mind that you can also add a “like page” call-to-action option to other ad types if you want to accomplish two goals with one ad.
- Post Engagements
- Post Engagement ads allow you to drive more engagement on individual posts and expand its original reach. This also helps you generate more activity on your posts and to get more organic followers.
- Messenger Ads
- The two advertising options in messenger are Ads in the Messenger Inbox and Ads in the Messenger Stories. They are compatible with Android and iOS and conveniently pop up in the user’s inbox or story feed.
Turn Facebook Ads into traffic for your website, increased sales and other kinds of lead like newsletter sign up. Use a Facebook Ads Manager to set up your campaign with just a few clicks.
How to Choose which Facebook Ad Type to Use
First, define your campaign goal. This can be brand awareness, traffic, user engagement, app downloads or messages.
Then, look at the 13 Facebook Ad types and select one or multiple integrated ad types to fulfill your campaign goal. If you are unsure, consider an A/B test, also known as split testing. With this, you can run different campaign elements (text, design, ad type, etc.) to find out what resonates best with your audience and your campaign goal, for example, clicks or engagement.
Select the audience you wish to target and write the creative copy and assets. One fabulous feature of Facebook’s Ads Manager tool is the broad range of creative and layout options you have. Choose between image, video, photo grid, and carousel layouts, and customize your ads for mobile and desktop audiences. Finally, continuously test, analyze and improve your Facebook Ads.
In AdEspresso’s 2018 statistics, video ads have gained popularity, while links, photos, and events have remained steady or declined. Plan ahead! Whichever type of Facebook Ad you use, having a strategy behind your actions is essential.
How Facebook Ads Can Help Your Business
You already know that Facebook is the most popular social media in the world. Specific targeting and call-to-action buttons are only a few reasons why Facebook Ads are a powerful online marketing tool. They further allow you to find new qualified leads easily and have highly-effective remarketing options to capture push-on-the-fence audiences.
Is it worth the cost? Social media is the most cost-effective form of communication. With an average cost-per-click rate (CPC) of 1.86 USD and a cost-per-thousand-views (CPM) of 11.20 USD, Facebook Advertisement is worth the money.
Social Media Marketing is also an integral part of Digitalization – an important digital trend with real value and benefits for your business.
Unlock the Power of Social Media Marketing – Boost Your Business with Facebook Ads
Selecting the right Facebook Ad type to achieve your specific campaign objective can be difficult. A specialized online marketing agency can support you with this and provide valuable practical tips. Tenba Group is the digital marketing agency of your choice to save time, money and energy. Work smart, not hard!
Our dedicated team will help you to get more attention online. Benefit from our integrated social media management approach to increase your brand awareness, boost leads and sales. The positive effects will convince you. And all of that at an affordable price – our services won’t break your bank!
Not sure where to start? Test our services with our FREE audit of your online presence – a unique manual review of your social media channels. Contact us today!