Today, having a website is essential for a successful business. But did you know that with a market share of close to 59%, WordPress is the top content management system (CMS)? More than 75 million websites out of the 172 million worldwide run on WordPress.
To make the most out of this tool, in this week’s blog article Tenba Group lists the 10 essential WordPress Plugins for professional website management. These free WordPress Plugins, free and paid options will add functionality to your site and make your life in the world wide web easier.
Even though you may need specific Plugins for your particular needs, there are some Plugins that every WP website needs, for example, for security, for speed, for SEO, and for backup. Check out these Plugins and accelerate your business today.
The 10 top WordPress Plugins in 2019
These are the must-have WP Plugins to make your website more professional, and your life easier. Choose between popular WordPress Plugins. There are free and paid options.
- Design: Elementor Page Builder (Freemium)
- This WordPress Plugin helps you to create website designs and layouts (text, photo) without using code. It is more intuitive and even more easy to use than the WordPress editor. The development of a website has never been easier. Elementor Page Builder is the most effective and easy-to-use WordPress page builder Plugins on the market today. Elementor also has lots of themes to choose from.
- SEO: Yoast (Freemium)
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) serves to rank your website higher on the results pages of search engines. And consequently to get more visitors on your website. With increased traffic, your visibility, leads and sales increase. The best SEO Plugin for WordPress is without a doubt Yoast SEO. It offers extensive solutions with all the features and tools you need to improve your SEO. This WordPress SEO Plugin is straightforward and easy to use. It offers practical tips and suggestions, like meta tag length and keyword distribution. Yoast also detects a change of URLs and creates auto-redirects, so you don’t have any broken links on your website. Read more about the 17 most common SEO mistakes to avoid.
- Security: Wordfence (Freemium)
- When it comes to WordPress Security Plugins, Wordfence is the top choice. As a website owner, one of the most important tasks is to keep your site safe from hackers. As WordPress is the most popular CMS for websites, it is a frequent target of malicious bots and culprits, which attack your site. Wordfence offers Firewall protection, malware scan, blocking, login security, live traffic monitoring and much more. Easily monitor all your traffic in real-time including robots, humans, 404 errors, logins, logouts, and more.
- Legal: GDPR Cookie Consent Banner (Freemium), Self-Hosted Google Fonts (FREE), Remove Google Fonts References (FREE), eRech24 Safe Sharing (FREE)
- GDPR Cookie Consent Banner is essential for the compliance of the new GDPR privacy legislation in the EU since May 2018. The WordPress GDPR Cookie Compliance Plugin is a popup with settings that will assist you with the cookie compliance and consent notice requirements.
- Self-Hosted Google Fonts eliminates the need for your website to make requests to Google’s servers. Hosting Google Fonts locally is usually useful to optimize the performance of your website – depending on the server. This Plugin also helps you to comply with the new GDPR legislation.
- Remove Google Fonts References is a useful Plugin. It stops loading Google Fonts in WordPress by blocking the connection to the Google Fonts server.
- Comments: wpDiscuz (Freemium)
- This WordPress Comments Plugin allows you to easily create and implement custom comment forms, custom comment fields, custom templates, and custom styles. You are completely free with your design. Customize your forum, colors, backgrounds, buttons, fields, functions, and components. wpDiscuz is the fastest self-hosted comment Plugin for WordPress. It is fully CDN and cache compatible and designed for very active websites. It is very simple and easy to set up and offers a perfect user interface and user experience.
- Speed: W3 Total Cache (Freemium), Cloudflare (FREE), WP-Optimize (FREE), Accelerated Mobile Pages – AMP (FREE)
- W3 Total Cache is the best WordPress Caching Plugin on the market. It allows you to directly improve your WordPress website speed and performance without knowledge of specific technical skills. It includes page cache, database caching, object caching, browser caching and much more. It also allows you to integrate CDN services to decrease page load time. Moreover, it has options for HTTP compression of the HTML, JS, and CSS files so that you can save bandwidth of up to 80%. With the reduced loading time, you will achieve better ranking on search engines and consequently higher traffic and conversion on your website.
- Cloudflare provides a content delivery network (CDN), DNS, DDoS protection, and security services. It helps to accelerate page load speeds, improve SEO, and protect against DDoS attacks, as well as WordPress-specific vulnerabilities.
- WP-Optimize is a fantastic tool for cleaning up a WordPress database and optimizing WordPress. It automatically removes unnecessary data from WordPress without manual input. There may be a lot of useless data on your website which reduces the speed of your site. This Plugin removes all spam and un-approved comments, trash posts, trackbacks, and pingbacks. It will keep your database lean, clean and optimized.
- Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) automatically adds Accelerated Mobile Pages (Google AMP Project) functionality to your WordPress site. This means, that your website will be faster for mobile visitors. This is crucial for the success of your website and online business, as approximately half of the web traffic worldwide is generated by mobile devices.
- Internationalization: Polylang (FREE)
- Polylang is the top multi-language WordPress Plugin. First, write posts, pages and create categories and post tags as normal. As a next step, define the language for each of them. You do the translation, and Polylang does everything else. Polylang allows you to create a bilingual and multilingual WordPress site. Use as many languages as you like. A customizable language switch is provided as a widget and in the navigation menu.
- Backups: UpdraftPlus (Freemium)
- Nothing is more scary or frustrating for a website owner than the idea of losing all of their hard work and content due to a faulty update or another error. Don’t worry, we have great news for you: The most popular WordPress backup Plugin on the market today is UpdraftPlus. It lets you set up automatic backups and safely store them on a remote location of your choice. This can be a Google Drive, Dropbox, S3, Rackspace, FTP server, or email. UpdraftPlus also makes it easy to restore your website from a backup.
- E-Mail Marketing: ActiveCampaign (FREE), Google Analytics by MonsterInsights (Freemium)
- ActiveCampaign is a useful WordPress Plugin allowing you to embed ActiveCampaign forms directly into any post, page, or sidebar. Secondly, you can use site tracking to track visitors on your website. And finally, this Plugin lets you enable live chat for accounts, which use Conversations (a separate add-on).
- Google Analytics by MonsterInsights is the best and most popular Google Analytics WordPress Plugin Integration. It allows you to connect your website with Google Analytics, so you can see precisely how people find and use your website. It shows you all the relevant statistics inside your WordPress dashboard.
- E-Commerce: WooCommerce (Freemium)
- WooCommerce is the most popular WordPress E-Commerce Plugin and used by over 4 million websites. It comes with all the smart features you need to create an online store to sell products and services. Over the last years, WooCommerce established itself as the most popular E-Commerce Plugin for WordPress. It has a lot of features to help you set up your personalized online store. There are extendable shipping options available, for example, free shipping, local pickups, flat rates, and much more. With WooCommerce you can checkout with several payment options, including check, cash on delivery, credit cards and PayPal.
Now it’s your turn. Chose from the list above, download and install the Plugin right away. Learn how to install WordPress Plugins in this tutorial easily.
The top 10 WordPress Plugins in 2019 are revealed
Now that you know the most powerful must-have WordPress Plugins of the year, you can add power to your website today!
An agency for professional digital marketing services can help you to save time, energy and money. Tenba Group is the digital marketing agency of your choice with a service portfolio at the pulse of time.
Tenba Group’s digital agency services will make your life easy. Unlock the potential and advantages of digitalization in business today!
Not sure where to start? Test our services with our FREE audit of your website. It’s a unique manual review of your online presence. We check everything from your website’s security to user experience, SEO and legal GDPR compliance, as well as your social media integration. Contact us now!
Still not sure? Read the testimony from our successful clients.